If I decide to throw my hat in the ring the rules of the challenge have been posted here and my progress will be documented on this website here.
The challenge will commence on Jan 1st 2014 and continue for the next 365 days. During this time, the participants will keep a beer log listing each new beer they drink and giving the beer a score out of 5. Also, I will be keeping a blog, posting the occasional photo and commenting on the beers, if
I can be bothered to do so that day.
Here is a basic breakdown of the rules that I am following (others have a little different set of rules):
- Drink as many different beers as you can in one year with the goal of at least 365.
- Minimum alcohol content must be 3.3% and above.
- You can count more than one different beer each day and you can take days off.
- You must drink the whole beer – taking a sip of someone else’s beer
doesn’t count, nor do tasting paddles/flights (eg. a selection of 5 beers in
90ml serves) nor does drinking half a can and throwing the rest out because you don't like it. You must finish the beer.
- Home brew is ok but can not exceed 10% of the total beers tried.